The veterinarians at Providence South Animal Hospital are experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders in cats and dogs in Waxhaw.
Internal Medicine for Dogs & Cats
The branch of veterinary medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders or diseases involving multiple organ systems is called Internal Medicine.
At Providence South Animal Hospital, our Waxhaw vets can diagnose and treat challenging cases with access to a variety of diagnostic tools and treatment methods.
They are able to care for patients with disorders or diseases, and those that do not respond well to standard protocols.
Areas of Internal Medicine
Our veterinarians can assist in the following areas of internal medicine:
- Cardiology (heart related disorders)
- Oncology (tumors and cancer)
- Neurology (disorders of the brain and nervous system)
- Endocrinology (glands and their functions)
- Gastroenterology (diseases of the digestive organs)
- Urology (urinary functions and genitourinary tract)
- Immunology (disorders of the immune system)
- Pulmonary Disorders (diseases of the lungs)
- Reproductive Issues
Diagnosing Disorders & Diseases
At Providence South Animal Hospital, diagnoses and recommended treatment options are based on a complete picture of your pet’s health issues including their history, clinical symptoms, and diagnostic results.
Using thorough advanced diagnostic testing and imaging and other procedures at our in-house laboratory , our veterinarians take a comprehensive approach to internal medicine
If we have the expertise in-house, your pet's treatment will continue at Providence South Animal Hospital.
If your pet requires a surgery or expertise that we do not have in-house, we will refer you to an experienced Veterinary Specialist in the area.