We're very happy to answer any and all questions you may have about the Pet Wellness Plans at our Waxhaw veterinary hospital.
Questions & Answers
Below are a few of the common questions clients ask about our Pet Wellness Plans.
Ask a Different Question
Submit the form below and we'll be back in touch to answer your question!
- What is the difference between a Pet Wellness Plan and Pet Insurance?
Wellness plans and pet insurance policies both offer valuable benefits, but they are very different.
The types of veterinary care covered by pet insurance and wellness plans will vary depending on your provider and level of coverage.
However, at a basic level, Wellness Plans are designed to help manage preventative care costs, while Pet Insurance is designed to cover emergency, accidents, or specific illnesses.
- What types of Pet Wellness Plans do you offer?
- Should I invest in a Pet Wellness Plan every year?
- My pet is young and healthy. Does it make sense to buy a Wellness Plan?
Wellness plans make sense for all pets of all ages. Regular preventive care at a young age can help your pet stay healthy into old age. When you sign your pet up as a puppy or kitten, your puppy/kitten vaccines are included in the monthly fee.
- My pet is getting older. Does it make sense to buy a Wellness Plan?
Wellness Plans help ensure that pets remain healthy as they age. Our Wellness Plans can be customized based on a specific animal's needs, and that includes the needs of aging animals! Wellness Plans for older pets include many of the same core services, as well as screening for various age-related diseases and disorders.
- How do I make the monthly payments?
We will enter your payment information (credit card) into a secure portal. You can choose the withdrawal date that's best for you (between the 1st and 15th), and your card will be charged monthly on that date. If there is ever a problem with your card (e.g., expired, lost, or stolen) please notify us as soon as possible so we can update the information.
- Can I pay for a full year up front?
Yes, you can pay for the entire Wellness Plan when you sign up.
- I have more than one pet. Can I get a discount on multiple wellness plans?
When you sign up multiple pets at the same time, you will only pay one $50 enrolment fee.
- What happens if my pet passes during the 12 month commitment?
If your pet passes during the 12 month commitment, notify us and we will cancel the plan for you so the payments will stop.
- Will the Wellness Plan cover all of my pet's healthcare needs?
Wellness plans cover the recurring basics that all pets need (core vaccines, heartworm preventative, and flea preventative). In addition, you will receive 10% discount on any other service your pet needs, excluding food and grooming (e.g., dental procedures, spay & neutering, etc).
- Can Wellness Plans be purchased and give as gifts?
Certainly! If you would like to purchase a Wellness Plan for a gift, please contact our office for details.
- Do Wellness Plans renew automatically after a year?
Yes, unless you request that we cancel your plan, it will renew automatically each year.
- How does a Pet Wellness Plan help me manage my finances?
Even if your pet is healthy, preventative and routine care can add up quickly.
Our Pet Wellness Plans offer you an easy-to-manage monthly payment option, so that you know exactly what your core pet care will cost each month. No surprises.
By spreading out the payments, wellness plans help avoid the problem of bigger bills each time you bring your pet into the vet.